I am a qualified and experienced Qigong, Yoga and Fitness Instructor and practitioner. I practice meditation and mindfulness daily and incorporate these into all my classes in gentle and subtle ways.
I run six in-person classes at the Emotional Health & Wellbeing Hub at the Oxenford Coomera Community Youth Centre, 25 Leo Graham Way, Oxenford. This is in partnership with the Community Centre, Communities for Children Northern Gold Coast, and Active & Healthy Gold Coast.
You can see my timetable below.
At 9.30am on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays I run fitness classes that incorporate high intensity interval training (HIIT), strength & resistance training (bodyweight and machines), circuit training, cardiovascular activity, mindful breathing, warm ups and stretching. The benefits of this training include:
- increasing heart and lung health and capacity
- strengthening bones
- improved balance
- active ageing
- growth of lean muscle mass, physical strength and power
- weight reduction
- improved mental and emotional health
At 10.30am on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays I run Mindful Movement classes – Chi Gong Energiser (Mondays), Gentle Yoga (Tuesdays), Heart Yoga (Wednesdays). These classes are designed to engage and connect the breath, body and mind in ways that:
- soothe the nervous system
- calm the mind
- allow the body to guide our practice in ways that are kind and gentle to ourselves
- regulate the breath so we breathe more deeply and calmly
- gently stretch our muscles, muscle fascia, tendons and ligaments
- help rehabilitate injuries
- bring feelings of peace, steadiness and happiness to our lives
Qigong is an ancient Chinese movement, mindfulness and healing practice that is related to Tai Chi and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). Qigong helps us to:
- activate energy within our bodies
- breathe deeply and mindfully to connect body, mind and heart
- stretch our muscles, muscle fascia, tendons and ligaments
- bring our attention to the health and mobility of our spine
- release old, stale energy and stress from our bodies
- engage with energy to support gentle flowing movements – a moving meditation
- calm and nourish our nervous systems, minds and bodies.