“It was when I stopped searching for home within others and lifted the foundations of home within myself, I found there were no roots more intimate than those between a mind and body that have decided to be whole” Rupi Kaur
I am a qualified and experienced Qigong, Yoga and Fitness Instructor and practitioner. I practice meditation and mindfulness daily and incorporate these into all my classes in gentle and subtle ways.
I run six in-person classes at the Emotional Health & Wellbeing Hub at the Oxenford Coomera Community Youth Centre, 25 Leo Graham Way, Oxenford. This is in partnership with the Community Centre, Communities for Children Northern Gold Coast, and Active & Healthy Gold Coast.
You can see my timetable below.
At 9.30am on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays I run fitness classes that incorporate high intensity interval training (HIIT), strength & resistance training (bodyweight and machines), circuit training, cardiovascular activity, mindful breathing, warm ups and stretching. The benefits of this training include:
- increasing heart and lung health and capacity
- strengthening bones
- improved balance
- active ageing
- growth of lean muscle mass, physical strength and power
- weight reduction
- improved mental and emotional health
At 10.30am on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays I run Mindful Movement classes – Chi Gong Energiser (Mondays), Gentle Yoga (Tuesdays), Heart Yoga (Wednesdays). These classes are designed to engage and connect the breath, body and mind in ways that:
- soothe the nervous system
- calm the mind
- allow the body to guide our practice in ways that are kind and gentle to ourselves
- regulate the breath so we breathe more deeply and calmly
- gently stretch our muscles, muscle fascia, tendons and ligaments
- help rehabilitate injuries
- bring feelings of peace, steadiness and happiness to our lives
- activate energy within our bodies
- breathe deeply and mindfully to connect body, mind and heart
- stretch our muscles, muscle fascia, tendons and ligaments
- bring our attention to the health and mobility of our spine
- release old, stale energy and stress from our bodies
- engage with energy to support gentle flowing movements – a moving meditation
- calm and nourish our nervous systems, minds and bodies.