“All that is necessary to awaken yourself as the radiant emptiness of spirit is to stop seeking something more or better or different, and to turn your attention inward to the awake silence that you are” Adyashanti
Sometimes we need to step out of our busy lives for a day or more to rest, reflect, rejuvenate and gain a fresh perspective on ourselves and life.
I regularly offer one-day in-person public retreats on the Southern Gold Coast to nourish the body, mind and spirit:
- The Streamlined Surfer – hands-on practices that open the doors to flow, power and grace in the water and in our lives on land.
- Reflection, Gratitude, Intention – a day to reflect upon the challenges and milestones you’ve been navigating; find the gifts that reveal the wisdom you’ve been generating; and thoughtfully craft intentions for the coming season.
- Conversations before the end of time – Australian Zen teacher and author Susan Murphy asks perhaps the most beautiful, challenging and timely question of all: “How can we wrap our minds and hearts around something so vast as the destruction of the biosphere, and instead of going mad, grow alert and very interested?” Through a series of rituals and reflections, this retreat invites us to dive deep into how we might grow our gifts to the world while also sustaining our own spirit.
- Qigong and Creativity – a retreat to uncover and nourish physical and creative strength, and to stretch and flow in our lives and creative practices.
- Taking Rest – an introduction to hands-on practices that are deeply restful and calming, including Gentle Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Qigong, sitting and walking meditation, story sharing. Most of these practices invite the busy mind to focus on one important job – the breath – and in doing so, help us to find some blessed inner peace and quiet in our nervous systems and bodies.
- Mindfulness as a Martial Art – a one-day, hands-on workshop that explores the practices that focus our attention, help us cope with stress and recover from stressful events, feel and express compassion and empathy, enable self-awareness and emotional self-regulation, support adaptability and grow emotional Intelligence (EI). We hear from some of the world’s leading neuroscientists, psychologists and mindfulness practitioners about the scientific evidence base that supports the effectiveness of mindfulness practices and craft a 6-8 week mindfulness plan to support the emergence of your inner Stillness Ninja.
I custom-make in-person and online organsational retreats that nourish and support the wellbeing of teams of people.
And I am pleased to offer online retreats for the first time from 2022. If any of the retreats mentioned above resonate for you and you would like to discuss coordinating or accessing an online retreat, please let me know.
Please be in touch if you would like to enquire about any of my public or organisational retreats.